1. Maximum Returns – Get the best price that anyone will pay for you goods.
Buyers do not know what others will bid, so they need to submit their highest bid, thus maximising your return.
2. Viewing 7 days a week, on line – Hundreds of people can view your items each week. Bids may be submitted at any time, either in store or online.
3. No Advertising – Compare the Commission that you pay to us, against the cost of advertising your goods and maybe selling them. Remember, you wouldn’t have hundreds of people looking at your goods in response to a newspaper advertisement!
4. No More Garage Sales – At a garage sales you sell your goods to one of the first buyers – usually at a fraction of their value. At the Tender Centre there are hundreds of potential buyers.
5. No More Strangers in your Home – You won’t have strangers coming to your door to look at your goods.
6. No More Face-to-Face Negotiations – If the top bid for your goods doesn’t reach the reserve, if you want we will negotiate for you with the highest bidder to get the best outcome.
7. No More Waiting by the Phone – We receive the online bids, take the calls and deal with customers face-to-face, leaving you free to do whatever else you need.
8. Goods Collection/Pick Up – We can collect your goods for a fee if you are unable to arrange to deliver them to us yourself.
DELIVERING YOUR GOODS
We take delivery for good for sale six (6) days a week.
1. Check the list of Goods Not Accepted, prior to bringing in your goods.
2. When presenting your goods for sale, you will need to present photographic proof of ID, such as your Driver’s Licence. See the Terms & Conditions for Sellers for more details.
3. It is important to set a realistic reserve price for your goods, keeping in mind that the minimum commission payable to the Tender Centre is $5.00 and the one-off Placement Fee based on the floor area taken up by your goods. Our friendly Tender Centre staff can advise you. We will set the reserve price if you choose not to.
4. To maximise your profits and improve your chances of selling, present your goods in a clean and tidy condition.
5. Ensure that your goods, including electrical goods, are in demonstrated working order and comply with Australian Standards. We require a Surety Deposit, refundable following a successful sale, for goods that cannot be tested in-store, such as washing machines, dishwashers and ovens.
6. You may provide a small typed description of your goods and information that a buyer may find useful.
7. Each tender process commences from start of business on Monday and ends at close of business the following Saturday. Your goods may be listed in six(6) sale in total. If your goods do not sell during the seven (7) day tender period they will be available for sale at the reserve price for the remainder of the six (6) weeks or until you withdraw them from sale.
8. If you do not collect your unsold goods within the specified time you may be liable for storage fees.
WHEN GOODS FAIL TO SELL AT TENDER
If the highest bid falls short of the reserve, we may negotiate between the highest bidder and the seller in an effort to get the best outcome.
If your goods are still unsold after they have been listed for six (6) weeks, you will need to collect them from the Tender Centre. If you do not collect them within the specified time, we will place them in a “Half Price Sale” for four (4) weeks and then disposed of them to cover our storage costs.
Contact the Tender Centre on the next business day following the close of bidding to find out the results of your sale and to make arrangement to receive payment for your goods if they have sold to to discuss negotiations with the highest bidder.
The placement fee is based on $15 per sqm with a minimum of $5.00 and maximum of $120 plus GST.
The fee is payable at time of booking goods in and prior to goods being displayed for sale or tender.
HOURS & DEADLINES
Opening Hours *
Goods Drop-Off & Collection
Monday to Friday
9.00 am – 5.00 pm
9.00 am – 4.30 pm Not Monday morning
9.00 am – 1.00 pm
9.30 am – 12.30 pm
* Closed Public Holiday and between Christmas and New Year
1. All goods are stored at Owner's risk. Any insurance is the responsibility of the Owner/Seller.
2. All persons entering the Tender Centre, its offices, warehouse or place of viewing, do so at their own risk. All parents are responsible for their children's behaviour, action and safety. All breakages/damage must be paid for.
3. The Seller authorizes the Tender Centre to sell the listed goods. The Tender Centre reserves the right to refuse any goods from any sale.
4. A $20.00 plus GST charge will be applied if goods require assembly or cleaning.
5. Contact details need to be current. If the seller can not be contacted, the goods will be sold by the Tender Centre at a price deemed reasonable.
6. Descriptions or goods offered for sale are based on descriptions supplied by the Seller. Under no circumstances shall the Tender Centre, its shareholders, employees or agents be liable for any misdescription, error or omission of a description be it in a catalogue, on-line, advertisement, brochure or any other medium.
7. The title and property in goods and risk of goods is in the Seller's name until payment has been made by the Buyer, at which time property and risk are transferred to the Purchaser. At no time is title or risk in the Tender Centre's name.
8. All goods, plant, machinery, vehicles, are sold "As is Where is". No warranties or guarantees are offered or implied and the Bidder relies solely on their own inspection and information supplied by Seller. Upon receiving queries in relation to the goods after being sold, contact details of the Seller maybe given to the Purchaser.
9. In the case of a dispute, any remedies or actions taken by a Seller, Buyer, Bidder or any other party shall lie against the Seller, Buyer, Bidder or other party, and under no circumstances shall any remedies or actions lie against the Tender Centre, its shareholders, employees or agents.
10. Funds can be available, subject to appropriate clearances, to the Sellers 48 hours after payment from the Buyer. Amounts payable to the Seller exceeding $500.00 will be paid by direct deposit.
11. Negotiations and payments will only be entered into with the person lodging this Goods Consignment Form.
12. You agree to pay a sale commission to us in accordance with our sale commission schedule. If a higher sales price is achieved than that set by the Vendor an extra 5% commissions will be charged.
13. Once goods have been entered into any viewing day, they can not be withdrawn before a sale.
14. A $10.00 plus GST fee will be charged for re-processing of refunded goods.
15. The Laws of Victoria shall apply to any Bid or Sale and these terms and conditions.
1. In person - come into the Tender Centre
2. By phone - Call us on 02 6056 1313 after noon on Monday’s
3. Email - if we have your current email address, you will be emailed on Monday morning
4. By text - successful bidders will be texted on mobile phone on Monday’s
Q: When can I bring in my goods?
A: We accept goods every day we are open, up to a half hour, prior to closing, except Monday morning.
Q: What happens after I leave my goods with you for sale?
A: After you have paid your Placement Fee, we process, number and photogragh your goods. We aim to have them displayed on the floor and on our website by the following Monday, which is the start of the tendering week. Placement fee needs to be paid prior to goods being displayed for sale or tender.
Q: How long can I leave my goods with the Tender Centre?
A: Goods can be left at the Tender Centre for six (6) weeks. After this time we ask that you collect your unsold goods. If you do not collected them within the specified time, we will place them in a “Half Price Sale” for four (4) weeks and then dispose of them to cover our extra storage costs.
Q: How much will it cost me to sell my goods?
A: You will need to pay a one-off Placement Fee when you book your goods in for sale. For successful sales please see commission rates & fees.
Q: What if I change my mind about selling the goods?
A: Once you have entered your goods in a tender sale, they must remain in that week’s tender process before being withdrawn in unsold.
Q: Can I put a reserve on my goods?
A: Yes. We encourage you to place a reserve price on your goods. This will be displayed after the initial tendering week, for all potential buyers and bidders to view. If you do not set a reserve price, we will set one for you.
Q: When do I know my results?
A: We will contact you, if we need to negotiate on your goods or you can contact us on the next business day following the close of the tender process.
Q: When and how do I get paid for my goods, once they are sold?
A: Once goods have been paid for by the buyer, your money is available after 48 hours. There are a number of payment options.