1. Maximum Returns – Get the best price that anyone will pay for you goods. Buyers do not know what others will bid, so they need to submit their highest bid, thus maximising your return.
2. Viewing 7 days a week, every week – Hundreds of people can view your items each week. Bids may be submitted at any time, either in store or online.
3. No Advertising – Compare the Commission that you pay to us, against the cost of advertising your goods and maybe selling them. Remember, you wouldn’t have hundreds of people looking at your goods in response to a newspaper advertisement!
4. No More Garage Sales – At a garage sales you sell your goods to one of the first buyers – usually at a fraction of their value. At the Tender Centre there are hundreds of potential buyers.
5. No More Strangers in your Home – You won’t have strangers coming to your door to look at your goods.
6. No More Face-to-Face Negotiations – If the top bid for your goods doesn’t reach the reserve, if you want we will negotiate for you with the highest bidder to get the best outcome.
7. No More Waiting by the Phone – We receive the online bids, take the calls and deal with customers face-to-face, leaving you free to do whatever else you need.
8. Goods Collection/Pick Up – We can collect your goods for a fee if you are unable to arrange to deliver them to us yourself.
DELIVERING YOUR GOODS - We take delivery for good for sale five (5) days a week.
1. Check the list of Goods Not Accepted, prior to bringing in your goods.
2. When presenting your goods for sale, you will need to present photographic proof of ID, such as your Driver’s Licence. See the Terms & Conditions for Sellers for more details.
3. It is important to set a realistic reserve price for your goods, keeping in mind that the minimum commission payable to the Tender Centre is $3.00 and the one-off Placement Fee based on the floor area taken up by your goods. Our friendly Tender Centre staff can advise you. We will set the reserve price if you choose not to.
4. To maximise your profits and improve your chances of selling, present your goods in a clean and tidy condition.
5. Ensure that your goods, including electrical goods, are in demonstrated working order and comply with Australian Standards. We require a Surety Deposit, refundable following a successful sale, for goods that cannot be tested in-store, such as washing machines, dishwashers and ovens.
6. You may provide a small typed description of your goods and information that a buyer may find useful.
7. Each tender process commences from start of business on Monday and ends at close of business the following Sunday. Your goods may be listed in four (4) sale in total. If your goods do not sell during the seven (7) day tender period they will be available for sale at the reserve price for the remainder of the three (3) weeks or until you withdraw them from sale. Geelong Tender Centre will reduce the price of your goods at the end of the fourth week.
8. If you do not collect your unsold goods within the specified time you may be liable for storage fees.
WHEN GOODS FAIL TO SELL AT TENDER
If the highest bid falls short of the reserve, we may negotiate between the highest bidder and the seller in an effort to get the best outcome.
If your goods are still unsold after they have been listed for four (4) weeks, you may collect them from the Tender Centre. If you do not collect them within the specified time, we will reduce the reserve price for four (4) weeks and then disposed of them to cover our storage costs.
Contact the Tender Centre on the next business day following the close of bidding to find out the results of your sale and to make arrangement to receive payment for your goods if they have sold to to discuss negotiations with the highest bidder.
HOURS & DEADLINES
Opening Hours *
Goods Drop-Off & Collection
Monday and Tuesday
Wednesday to Friday
10.00 am – 5.30 pm
Thurs & Fri 10am to 5pm
8.00 am – 4.00 pm
* Closed Public Holiday
goods are stored at Owner's risk. Any insurance is the responsibility of the Owner/Seller.
2. All persons entering the Tender Centre, its offices, warehouse or
place of viewing, do so at their own risk. All parents are responsible for their
children's behaviour, action and safety.
All breakages/damage must be paid for.
3. The Seller authorizes the Tender Centre to
sell the listed goods. The Tender Centre reserves the right to refuse any goods
from any sale.
4. A $20 charge will be applied if goods require assembly.
5. Contact details need to be current. If the seller can not be contacted, the goods
will be sold by the Tender Centre at a price deemed reasonable.
6. Descriptions or goods offered for sale are based on descriptions
supplied by the Seller. Under no circumstances shall the Tender Centre, its
shareholders, employees or agents be liable for any misdescription, error or omission of a description be it in a
catalogue, on-line, advertisement, brochure or any other medium.
7. The title and property in goods and risk of goods is in the
Seller's name until payment has been made by the Buyer, at which time property
and risk are transferred to the Purchaser. At no time is title or risk in the
Tender Centre's name.
8. All goods, plant, machinery, vehicles, are sold "As is
Where is". No warranties or guarantees are offered or implied and the
Bidder relies solely on their own inspection and information supplied by Seller. Upon receiving queries in relation to the
goods after being sold, contact details of the Seller maybe given to the Purchaser.
9. In the case of a dispute, any remedies or actions taken by a
Seller, Buyer, Bidder or any other party shall lie against the Seller, Buyer,
Bidder or other party, and under no circumstances shall any remedies or actions
lie against the Tender Centre, its shareholders, employees or agents.
10. Funds can be available, subject to appropriate clearances, to the Sellers
48 hours after payment from the Buyer.
Amounts payable to the Seller exceeding $500.00 will be paid by cheque
or direct deposit.
11. Negotiations and payments will only be entered
into with the person lodging this Goods Consignment Form.
agree to pay a sale commission to us in accordance with our sale commission schedule.
13. Once goods have been entered into any viewing day, they can not be
withdrawn before a sale.
14. A $10.00 fee will be charged for re-processing of refunded goods.
15. The Laws of Victoria shall apply
to any Bid or Sale
and these terms and conditions.
1.In person - come into the Tender Centre
2.By phone - Call us on 03 5278 8704 after noon on Tuesday’s
Q: When can I bring in my goods?
A: We accept goods every day we are open, up to a half hour, prior to closing.
Q: What happens after I leave my goods with you for sale?
A: After you have paid your Placement Fee, we process, number and photogragh your goods. We aim to have them displayed on the floor and on our website by the following Tuesday, which is the start of the tendering week.
Q: How long can I leave my goods with the Tender Centre?
A: Goods can be left at the Tender Centre for four (4) weeks. After this time we ask that you collect your unsold goods. If you do not collect them within the specified time, we will place them in a “Half Price Sale”reduce the price for four (4) weeks and then dispose of them to cover our extra storage costs.
Q: How much will it cost me to sell my goods?
A: You will need to pay a one-off Placement Fee when you book your goods in for sale. For successful sales please see commission rates and fees.
Q: What if I change my mind about selling the goods?
A: Once you have entered your goods in a tender sale, they must remain in that week’s tender process before being withdrawn in unsold.
Q: Can I put a reserve on my goods?
A: Yes. We encourage you to place a reserve price on your goods. This will be displayed after the initial tendering week, for all potential buyers and bidders to view. If you do not set a reserve price, we will set one for you.
Q: When do I know my results?
A: We will contact you, if we need to negotiate on your goods or you can contact us on the next business day following the close of the tender process.
Q: When and how do I get paid for my goods, once they are sold?
A: Once goods have been paid for by the buyer, your money is available after 48 hours. There are a number of payment options.